The Service Users at Stainton Lodge are privileged to choose the room of their own choice, subject to its availability. Service users are always encouraged to personalise their rooms as per their interests and needs. The room is treated with respect as it is service user’s own personal desired space. Although it is necessary for staff to enter the room for cleaning purposes and to check general health if agreed upon by all the parties. Individual care plans are designed and families of the residents are always encouraged to participate in the process so that a person-centred environment is provided to the residents.
Special Facilities in Rooms
Rooms at Stainton Lodge are equipped with miscellaneous useful options and facilities to ensure top quality person centred care to our
- Nurse call buzzer
- Television and Television socket
- Easy chair and Clean bed linen
- Single bed with differing mattresses
- Curtains and nets
- Set of draws and Wardrobe
- Lockable side cabinet for keeping valuables or for self-medication
- En-suite consisting of toilet, sink, mirrors and nurse call
The service users at Stainton Lodge are encouraged to implement their own personalisation in their respective rooms. Other services such as installation of telephone points or cable television points would need agreement by the provider. Service users are granted the rights to wander freely around the building to freshen their selves. A full induction of home would be carried out on admission so that the residents are kept informed of the activities within the care home. All rooms have service user guide giving full information about the home and the services offered.
Our Services and Facilities
- Communal Areas – Stainton Lodge Care Home offers five spacious communal lounges and sitting areas on 1st floor, along with a designated therapy room. Televisions are provided in the main lounges.
- Laundry and Dry Cleaning – The home has facilities to launder the personal clothing, which is normally returned to the residents within 24 hours. There is no additional charge for this as it is included in the weekly fee.
- Key Working – The Home has a key worker system, which gives members of staff specific responsibility to look after the overall interest of individual Service Users.
Medication and Health Care
- Medication – If medication is required, the residents are allowed to manage it themselves, or if necessary, we have the staff to manage it on your behalf.
- Health Care – The management takes steps to safeguard individual’s privacy and dignity in all aspects of the delivery of health and personal care.
- GP Cover – It is anticipated that majority of residents will wish to be registered with a local GP. Appropriate arrangements are discussed and a list is provided accordingly.
Food Nutrition Checks
The staff and management of Stainton Lodge Care Home aim at providing top quality person centred care that covers all the aspects of individual needs and requirements. We are supremely focused on the dietary needs of our service users. The food and nutrition needs of the residents are analysed and accessed as part of the care plan. The dedicated room nurse makes sure that the resident has been served the food that is best suited for them. Stainton Lodge offers a large choice of homemade foods. Each meal is planned to promote healthy eating and fulfil the daily nutrition requirements.